SomaSoul® Somatic Therapy
Be fully in support of yourself.
SomaSoul® Somatic Therapy
Foster acceptance and support for who you are.
Are you seeking to grow and have a kinder relationship with yourself and your body? Are you looking for extra support in these difficult times? Somatic Therapy is a holistic approach to counseling and healing that helps you learn to be fully in support of yourself, as well as understand and overcome the ways you may be working against yourself.
Befriend your body.
Often the focus in therapy is on our verbal narrative. What happened? When? Why? We tend to neglect another powerful storyteller, our body! In fact, our bodies record our emotional experience just as adeptly as our mind. Our muscles, viscera and nervous systems record our entire lives. These body memories express themselves in patterns of body tension as well as emotional and physical imbalances.
A holistic approach to counseling and healing.
SomaSoul® Somatic Therapy combines the heart of mindfulness practices and the freedom of expressive arts like journaling and drawing. With the aid of these tools Jen helps you access and heal the emotional and physical tension patterns that live in your body. As you tune into the deeper wisdom of your body and learn to bring acceptance and compassion to your experience, you’ll feel things shift in a profound way.
What Does a Session Look Like?
- At the beginning of your session you may bring up an issue, feeling, or physical symptom you want to explore.
- Jen will guide you to flesh out your experience through imagery, mindfulness, drawing or writing.
- These creative explorations help you bypass logical thought and access the emotional center of your brain, tapping into a deeper level of consciousness and understanding around your experience.
- Jen will help you introduce new patterns of support to meet your core needs and rewrite old patterns of tension and behavior that aren’t serving you.
Benefits of Somatic Therapy:
- Feel more alive and present in your body and in the world.
- Cultivate a deeper connection between your mind, body, and heart.
- Become grounded and backed up in what you want and need for yourself.
- Release chronic patterns of muscle tension and behavior.
- Rewire your brain and nervous system into a calmer, more centered way of being.
- Cultivate inner supports so you feel more resilient and less overwhelmed in stressful situations.
Get the extra support you need to build inner resilience, feel more grounded, and be your own best friend.
Call for an Initial Somatic Therapy session today.
- One-Hour Session – $100
- Introductory Rate for First Session – $79
Sessions are offered through Zoom or in person at our studio.
Schedule your first session by calling our office at 484.341.8411.
Jen McLamb is a Registered Somatic Movement Therapist with the International Somatic Movement Education and Therapy Association. She completed 500 hours of training in SomaSoul Somatic Movement Therapy at the Leven Institute for Expressive Movement in 2012, including training in Body-Centered Gestalt Psychotherapy and Body Mind Centering. She is in her sixth year of training for In-Depth Body-Centered Psychotherapy and Subtle Energy Healing at the Hartford Family Institute. Jen is also a Licensed Massage Therapist with 25 years of experience, and she’s been devoted practitioner of dance, yoga, hiking, and meditation for over 15 years.