The American Pregnancy Association recommends prenatal massage therapy as an emotional and physical health supplement proven to improve pregnancy outcome and maternal health.1At Vital Touch Wellness, we love moms-to-be! Our licensed massage therapists at Vital Touch Wellness are nurturing, compassionate, and specially trained to work with pregnant women. We ensure your comfort, safety and privacy as you take the very best care of you and your baby.
Benefits of routine prenatal massage1
Hormone Regulation– Studies show massage significantly alters stress hormones during pregnancy, resulting in balanced mood levels and improved cardiovascular health, as well as fewer complications during birth and fewer instances of newborn complications, such as low birth weight.
Reduction of Swelling– Massage significantly improves blood circulation and reduces the collection of fluids in swollen joints.
Improves Sciatic Pain– The pressure of the uterus spreads tension to the muscles of the upper and lower leg, causing them to swell and put pressure on nearby nerves. Massage therapy addresses the inflamed nerves by releasing muscle tension in affected areas. Many women have experienced significant reduction in sciatic nerve pain during pregnancy through regular massage.
More potential benefits
- Reduced back pain
- Reduced joint pain
- Improved circulation
- Reduced edema
- Reduced muscle tension and headaches
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved oxygenation of all tissues
- Better sleep
For optimal results, consider a pre– or postnatal massage therapy package.
- One hour prenatal massage for new clients
- One hour prenatal massage
Loyalty clients (one visit/month) $75
- MOM’s Month of Massage
4 one-hour prenatal massages; one a week for a month*
$239 (reg. $340)
- Prenatal Six Pack
6 one-hour prenatal massages*
$399 (reg. $510)
*postnatal care included; see below
Call today to talk to one of our qualified therapists!
* All prenatal clients must be under the care of a physician. Both massage packages may be purchased several times over during pregnancy and postnatal care if desired, not to exceed 6 months after due date. MOM’s Month of Massage package massages must be used within one month after first massage is redeemed. Prenatal Six Pack massages may be used as frequently as desired, but must be used within 1 year after purchase.